Block parties are a fun way for neighbours to get to know each other in a relaxed and friendly setting.
Organized by residents for residents, block parties are free but do require a permit. Please note that your request may be refused if other parties are already scheduled to take place at the same time and in the same area. The Town does not supply BBQs or outdoor furniture.
Are you interested in planning a block party? Follow these steps to ensure your party complies with the Town’s by-laws.
- Fill out the online form. Please allow a minimum of 5 working days before your event.
- The Town will review your request.
- Once approved, Public Security will hand deliver the authorization letter and security tape. Copies of the permit will be distributed to the applicant, Public Works, Public Security and the Fire Department Station (station 77).
- The organizer will be responsible of putting up the security tape on the day of the party. Please note that the street must only be partially blocked with the yellow ribbons provided. Emergency vehicles must be able to pass through at all times.
- During the event, all sanitary measures must be respected. More information on quebec.ca