The Town has eight outdoor rinks (weather permitting), four are located at Hodgson Field, two at Rugby Park, one at Strathearn Park and the other one is located at Davies Park. Updates on the rink conditions are only updated from Monday to Friday.
General info for all rinks
- During maintenance or ice preparation, the rinks will be closed.
- The use of a helmet, gloves and neck guard is recommended.
- Rinks must only be used during opening hours (7 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Anyone in violation of the current rules is subject to a fine.
- An area near the rink will be set up to put on your skates.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended
Skating Rinks (with no hockey boards)
- A physical distance of two meters between people or family bubbles must be respected at all times.
- Not permitted: Tag, hockey, etc.
Hockey Rinks (with boards)
- Hockey-related activities are permitted on the hockey ice surfaces
- Not permitted: Tournaments, league activities or any competitions.
There is no maximum number of participants for outdoor sports and recreation activities at the moment. However, limiting contacts and ensuring the stability of playing partners continues to be good practice. As the Town does not have the personnel to monitor each of our outdoor skating rinks, we call on the goodwill of the public to respect the rules.