The Town Clerk deals with all the claims for body injuries and material damages that involve the Town.

You may submit your claim in writing, either by filling out the form online, or by mail or in person. In a detailed letter, please include the following information: 

  • Your name, civic address,  telephone number, email address
  • The date, time and location of the event
  • The circumstances surrounding the incident
  • A description of the damages
  • When possible, an estimate of the amount of the damages.

The notice of claim must be sent to the Town Clerk within 15 days of the event, in conformity with Articles 585 to 590 of the Cities and Towns’ Act. The right to make a claim before the court expires 6 months after the event in the case of material damages and 3 years in the case of body injuries.

All claims submitted in person or by mail must be forwarded to:

Town Clerk’s Office
50 Westminster South
Montreal West, Quebec
H4X 1Y7