Our eighth annual tree giveaway will be taking place again this spring! Montreal West residents may purchase a tree for a $10 administrative fee. A limited quantity of trees will be made available on a first come, first serve basis. Trees will be delivered to your home the week of May 16th and must be planted by the residents themselves on their own property (instructions will be provided). Please note, however, that these trees cannot be planted on land that belongs to the Town, i.e. the area between the property line and the sidewalk.
Which species options are available?
The species options being offered this year are indicated below. You will be asked to provide your second and third choice of species in the unlikely event that your first choice is not available. (Click on each tree for more information about the species).
How do I order a tree?
Fill out the reservation form if you are interested in purchasing a $10 tree. Alternatively, you may call Public Works at 514-485-8597. We will be accepting orders between April 12th at 8:30 a.m. to April 21st at 4:30 p.m. or until quantities have run out. Maximum of one tree per household.
We will contact you to confirm your order and provide further instructions after the payment deadline has passed.
How do I pay for my tree?
As municipal buildings remain closed to the public, there are two options for payment. You will be asked to indicate which option you prefer when making your reservation.
- Credit card (online)
- Your Amilia account with the Town (used for recreation programs registration) will be invoiced for 10$ within a few business days. If you do not already have an Amilia account with the town, one will be created for you and you will receive an email asking you to activate it.
- After you receive the invoice by email you will be need to log into your account and pay the balance by credit card prior to the payment deadline.
- Drop off your cheque in the mailbox in front of the John A. Simms Community Centre, 8 Westminster S.
- The cheque is to be made out to the order of the “Town of Montreal West”
- Please write “Tree giveaway” and your address on the memo line.
Payment must be received by Friday, April 23rd at 4:30 p.m. for your order to be processed.
For all other questions:
Please contact email@example.com or call the Public Works reception at 514-485-8597.