Applications for urban planning permits must be completed online until further notice. The permit application process has been adjusted to ensure that permits continue to be issued while the Town Hall is closed to the public.
Revised application process
- Fill out the online application form below. Be sure to include all the necessary documents for your application. Incomplete permit applications will not be processed.
- If your files exceed the maximum size that can be submitted via the web form, we suggest that you use wetransfer to submit your files. You must then include the wetransfer link in the project description box.
- If your request includes physical samples, please send photos of the proposed materials placed in front of the existing materials. For roofing materials, please send a photo of the brochure clearly indicating the proposed colour(s).
- The Town will send you an email including the invoice for the application fee. Payment must be completed by cheque and deposited in one of the two mailboxes located by the entrance doors at Town Hall, or mailed to Town Hall.
- Upon receipt of payment, the Urban Planning Manager will analyze your file and will contact you if any documents are missing.
- Depending on the type of project, the application may be submitted to the Planning Advisory Committee (PAC).
- Once the permit application has been approved, a Town Hall employee will send you an email including the invoice indicating the amount due. Payment must be completed by cheque and deposited in one of the two mailboxes located by the entrance doors at Town Hall or mailed to Town Hall.
- Upon receipt of payment, the Urban Planning Manager will send you an email including the permit and the receipts for the payments made (application fee and permit cost). The permit will need to be signed electronically. The email will include instructions on how to affix your electronic signature to the document.
- Once signed, you can print the permit and place it in a spot where it is visible from the street, such as a window or on your door.
Contact us if you have any questions concerning the application process.
Apply for a permit online
It is not possible to save a form and complete it at a later date.