After a 2 year absence, our popular Canada Day event is back. We’d like to thank the wonderful parade and park volunteers for their contribution towards this event.
Join us for some family fun !
In case of rain, the event will be postponed to July 2 (no parade nor contests)
3 p.m. Contests at Davies Park
- Blinged up bikes
- Snazy Strollers
- Pimped-up pets
- Wild Wheelchairs
3:30 p.m. Parade
The parade starts at 3:30 p.m. at the corner of Ainslie and Fenwick and makes its way up Westminster to Northview before turning down Strathearn to end at Strathearn Park. Westminster Avenue will be completely closed for the duration of the parade. Check out the parade route and plan your trips accordingly. With limited police resources to secure the area and block off Westminster avenue, the parade itinerary is slightly different this year and will not be going over the hump.
4:30 p.m. Strathearn Park festivities begin
Face painting, petting zoo, pony rides, inflatables, BBQ, beer & drinks
To ensure a safe environment for all, glass bottles are forbidden in the park.
Look for performers in the park:
- Les Chasseurs de Rêves
- Périple en Tournée by Laurette & Arlette presented as part of the Conseil des arts en tournée
- 3 :45 p.m. Dave Turner and The Concords
- 4 :30 p.m. Fundamentals Band
- 5 :30 p.m. Dancers Groupe Folklorique Nadexieli
- 6 p.m. Fundamentals Band
- 6:45 p.m. Dancers Groupe Folklorique Nadexieli
- 7:10 p.m. Fundamentals Band
- 8 p.m. Address by Council/O’Canada by Lauren Small-Pennefather/Canada Day cake
- 8:10 p.m. Fundamentals Band
Times and activities are subject to change
10 p.m. Fireworks at Hodgson Field
The day ends with a beautiful fireworks show at 10 p.m. at Hodgson Field. Bring your own chairs and blankets to sit on.