Flu vaccination will be available at one of West-Central Montreal’s five CLSCs starting on November 2, 2020. This year, due to social distancing and the need to safeguard everyone’s well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic, the vaccine is offered on an appointment basis only. The online appointment service will be available as of October 26, 2020 at clicsante.ca or by telephone at 514 270-1536.
Bring your medicare card, hospital card and plan a 15-minute waiting time after vaccination.
The flu vaccine is free for people at high risk and people in close contact with them:
- People aged 75 years old and over;
- Adults 18 years and older with certain chronic diseases;
- Children 6 months and older with certain chronic diseases;
- Pregnant women with chronic diseases, throughout their pregnancy;
- Pregnant women in good health, in their 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy;
- Family members who live in the same household of a child under 6 months of age or a person at higher risk of being hospitalized and to their caregivers.
Flu vaccination is also free of charge to:
- Healthy children from 6 to 23 months old;
- Healthy people from 60 to 74 years old.