The Town wishes to remind its residents of different opportunities to cool off during this heat wave.
The pool is open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. The wading pool will be open from 11:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Reserve your spot!
Residents of all ages are welcome to cool off in one of our splash pads.
- Davies Park
- Strathearn Park
Please note that a mechanical issue has delayed the opening of the splash pad at Rugby Park.
- Spend at least three (3) hours in a cool or air conditioned place;
- Drink lots of water even if not thirsty;
- Reduce physical efforts;
- Stay in contact with people you know;
- Take a shower or cool bath as often as needed or cool off with a damp cold cloth or spray;
- Protect yourself from the sun, wear light coloured clothing and a hat (especially for babies and toddlers);
- Keep blinds or curtains closed during the day;
- Increase air circulation in your home by opening cross windows;
For more information on preventing the effects of heat.