Due to the extreme heat and humidity, we have extended certain pool hours and made changes to the schedule in order to give everyone the opportunity to cool off.
The pool will remain open until 10:00 pm tonight and tomorrow for public swim. The hours will be as follow (weather permitting):
- 1 – 10 pm free swim
- 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. lap swim (lanes available on request)
- Wading Pool: 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- 11:30 – 10 p.m. free swim (11:30 – 1 p.m. and 5:30 – 7 p.m. shared with lap swim)
- 5:30 – 7 p.m. lap swim (shared with free swim)
- Wading Pool:10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Spend at least three (3) hours in a cool or air conditioned place;
- Drink lots of water even if not thirsty;
- Reduce physical efforts;
- Stay in contact with people you know;
- Take a shower or cool bath as often as needed or cool off with a damp cold cloth or spray;
- Protect yourself from the sun, wear light coloured clothing and a hat (especially for babies and toddlers);
- Keep blinds or curtains closed during the day;
- Increase air circulation in your home by opening cross windows;
For more information on preventing the effects of heat.