A heatwave is in effect and expected continue into the week, we’d like to remind our residents to stay cool and safe.
Residents of all ages may use the splash pads at Davies Park and Strathearn Park to cool off.
To prevent the effects of heat:
- Spend time in a cool or air-conditioned place;
- Make sure to drink enough fluids;
- Reduce physical efforts;
- Stay in contact with people you know;
- Take a cool shower or bath as often as needed or cool off with a damp cold cloth or spray;
- Protect yourself from the sun, wear light-coloured clothing and a hat (especially for babies and toddlers);
- Keep blinds or curtains closed during the day;
- Increase air circulation in your home by opening cross windows;