After receiving many inquiries and in order to avoid any confusion, Halloween will take place on October 31st in Montreal West. The Town supports any decision that parents may take as to whether or not their children will participate in Halloween festivities. Public Security Officers will be patrolling the streets to ensure everyone’s safety.
Dress warmly and stay extra safe tonight!
Security tips for Halloween:
- Trick or treat on one side of the street at a time to avoid crossing unnecessarily
- Walk around in groups
- Ensure Halloween costumes fit well
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colours
- Keep dry and warm
- Stay outside while trick-or-treating, never enter someone’s home
- Be sure an adult checks all Halloween candy before trick-or-treaters dig in
- Drivers: slow down and be extra vigilant on the roads