Montreal West is a popular place to trick or treat thanks to its beautifully decorated homes and strong community spirit! It’s important to remember some basic safety tips on Halloween night to ensure that everyone enjoys a fun and safe evening.
- Trick or treat on one side of the street to avoid having to cross the street to go door-to-door
- Cross the street in groups
- Make sure Halloween costumes fit properly to avoid tripping and obstructed vision (like by a mask)
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light-coloured costumes
- Keep warm and dry
- Stay outside while trick-or-treating, never enter someone’s home.
- Make sure an adult checks all the Halloween sweets before the children eat them.
- Drivers: slow down and be more vigilant on the roads
- The weather is calling for strong winds, so make sure Halloween decorations are well fastened in place