EVENT ORGANIZED BY SENIORS ACTION QUEBEC
To register, send us an email by March 15 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, contact information and name of organization. An email confirming your registration will be sent within 2-3 business days.
This webinar will be discussing the different types of senior abuse, how to prevent abuse, and will provide information on legal recourses. Special emphasis will be placed on the following topics:
- Understanding the different forms of abuse: neglect, physical, psychological, and financial
- Are ageism and discrimination a form of elder abuse?
- What role does society have in preventing and addressing elder abuse?
- The older person’s concept of justice and appropriate vehicles for achieving justice
- Approaches to preserve and repair family relationships when the perpetrator is a family member
- Recourses when the perpetrator is a third party
- Prevention of abuse and exploitation
- Over-protection of the older victim and violation of rights