Notice to dog owners, the dog park will reopen on Monday, June 15, 2020 at 7 a.m.
“We are pleased to announce the opening of the dog park, providing dogs with the perfect place to get moving and to spend their energy. However as with all openings at the moment, it is important to respect hygiene and distancing measures to ensure the health and safety of all.”
– Beny Masella, Mayor
Due to COVID-19, new guidelines have been put in place to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Follow the recommended health measures
- Maintain the physical distance of 2 meters with others
- Avoid all gatherings inside the dog park.
- Bring your own disinfectant gel and water bottle.
- Only one owner per dog is allowed in the park at a time
- Only dog owners with a key to the park are allowed access
Additional signage will be posted in and around the dog park as a reminder. The Town will increase surveillance of the dog park to ensure compliance with these measures.
We also took advantage of the closure to carry out much needed work in the dog park, notably the installation of boards around the bottom of the fence to prevent sand from spilling out of the park, seeding, a general clean up and the addition of river rock to protect the trees. Please note that newly seeded areas remain fenced in to protect new growth.