A vast cleaning operation was held in Montreal West following the recent freezing rain episode. Our teams worked tirelessly to secure the Town and to clean up the damages to public trees. Due to the widespread damage to public and private trees caused by these exceptional weather conditions, the Town will proceed with a branch collection operation from April 24 to May 5.
It is not necessary to contact us to request for your branches to be collected. Our crews will go to each street, one by one, to pick up branches and shred them on site.
Residents who wish to have their branches picked up by Public Works must follow these instructions when placing them on their property:
- branches should be placed on your property, right by the curb;
- place branches in a row with the cut ends facing the street on the edge of your private property (not in the public domain);
- branches must not exceed 10 cms in diameter;
- branches must not exceed 2 m in length;
- branches must not be tied or tangled;
- trunks and stumps will not be collected, these must be disposed of by a private contractor.